Mitsubishi Q2AS to SCADA

crasheg

Hello, comrades.
there is an old mitsubishi Q2AS cpu, i want to take data from it to the mx ops server.

Can I connect via rs422 directly to the cpu module via rs422 to usb converter at a distance of 100 meters or do I need to install some special communication module for such a distance?

1.PNG

422 can do it upto 1,200 metres at 10mb/s so there should be no problem however, never tried it on a USB to 422 converter at that distance. I have run USB/232 at 70 metres at at a baud rate of 9600 some USB/232 (perhaps 422) may vary on their ability had one that kept dropping off another was fine.
The A2 series are now not supported I believe so getting cards i.e. ethernet etc. may be difficult, does MX still support the A series.
I do know the A2 is only supported in GXDeveloper not GXWorks 2

422 can do it upto 1,200 metres at 10mb/s so there should be no problem however, never tried it on a USB to 422 converter at that distance. I have run USB/232 at 70 metres at at a baud rate of 9600 some USB/232 (perhaps 422) may vary on their ability had one that kept dropping off another was fine.
The A2 series are now not supported I believe so getting cards i.e. ethernet etc. may be difficult, does MX still support the A series.
I do know the A2 is only supported in GXDeveloper not GXWorks 2

it is very interesting. as far as I know, for rs232 the maximum line length cannot exceed 15 meters and for rs422 length 1200 metes only at 10kbit/s

but my question concerns a specific processor, is it designed to work through the port built into the cpu?

I have never tried MX coms on a A2, however, I do know that the Beijers HMI (re-badged by Mitsubishi) could access data from the programming port & I believe that Kepserver can also so I assume it either uses the programming protocol or perhaps the MC protocol, Not worked on A2's for many years but I have connected FX2N/3U & Q series I have used a tcp/422 converter to get data using Kepware I have also connected the Beijers HMI's to them as the A series is now redundant the only thing I can suggest is perhaps get a trial copy of Kepware KepserverEx & try that on a USB to 422 converter My copy of Kepserver is about 5 years old so not sure if they still support it in later versions.
The trial version allows you to connect for 10 minutes at a time a re-start will give you another 10 mins as many times as you like.
I do not have MX Component or server but used the component in the past
I think you need to check that the newer MX OPC server still supports the A series.
Edit: Just looked at the MX opc manual & it does say it supports A2 series standard serial interface but only at 9600 baud via programming port so using perhaps either MX or a copy of Kepserver
& an SC09 cable to a USB/232 converter local to the PLC to start with will give you some idea if it will work, I suggest the SC09 as I know this works from win 11 if you have a converter with the latest FTDI chipset.