ML 1100 to CLX 5000

frw312

I ned to send data from a ML 100 to a CLX 5000. Can this be done with a msg instruction or is there a better way? thanks

This can be done either way. A MSG instruction in the 1100 (If it supports it which im am sure it does) that writes data or a MSG instruction in the Logix that reads data.
This is up to you. You will need to use "SLC mapping" in the Logix to Bind data types to control logix tags for example N7 is Tag "Data_From_ML110" which is a Int.
Rockwell Forums have SLC to Control Logix Config Examples or visa versa

See attatched Word DOCs
P.S a SLC is virtually the same as a ML in a programming sense

After spening 6 hr tring to programming MSG inst.in CLX5000 I did not got anyware. Thanks for you example i did complete the project . Thanks again for sharing the information.