ML1100 Ethernet Connection Trouble

pkshaver

I am new to Allen Bradley controllers, and am working on a project with an ML1100. I am trying to connect through ethernet.

I installed the BOOTP/DHCP Server 2.3 from AB on my PC, set my PC to IP 10.1.1.1 on the wired ethernet port, and setup a new relation with the MAC of the ML1100 and IP 10.1.1.2. The ML1100 is connected directly to the PC via crossover ethernet cable.
I connected successfully once, after some fumbling with Linx and Logix. Then i downloaded my program with RS Logix Lite, ran online for awhile, and disconnected to hook up some I/O for testing.

When I reconnected, the BOOTP/DHCP server gave me the message: "Unable to service DHCP address from [MAC]", But it is a different MAC than before (not the one accessible through the ML1100 LCD). I figured that this must be some other device on the network, looking for a BOOTP server through my wireless connection, but I powered down the ML1100 and the requests stopped. It recurs upon powerup.

Just for kicks, I added a new relation for the mystery MAC, but it doesn't connect either. I checked the channel configuration for Channel 1 in the project I loaded to the unit, and BOOTP is enabled, but DHCP is not.

Any help is appreciated, but I ordered a serial cable, just in case.o_O

One more thing. The PC running the BOOTP server appears to detect a BOOTP request using the bogus MAC address upon power down of the PLC. At this point, nothing is detected on power up.