PV+600 & ML1100 Ethernet Comm issues.

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I Have a customer with a PV+600 and a Micrologix1100 connected ethernet with an unmanaged switch. I made a small change (Name of company changed as the site was bought by my customer) while i was on site building a basic shutdown key for them.

Comms were working fine since september, but now they have cycled power and loaded comms setting from the new application which i didnt set up properly. Im just wanting a quick runthough to make sure i have it right when i am on site tomorrow.

IP address of ML1100 is 192.168.1.80
IP address of PV+600 is 192.168.1.85

Attached is a picture of what the working application has for settings

I need to enter this in Factory Talk studio v7 to fix this issue. Im assuming i goto the communications tab and select the PLC and such, just havent really done this before as i am a noob. LOL.

PVPLUSML1100COMM.JPG

Sometimes I have had same issue.. even if when I downloaded I "did not replace communications".

I had to be on the network, delete Factory talk design shortcut, re-setup comms in design, copy to runtime, verify, and download "replacing comms".

The basic principle is to be sure that the Shortcut is linked to a device in the network "tree".

In RSLinx Enterprise, this is as simple as selecting the Shortcut on the left pane, and selecting the device on the right pane, then clicking "Apply".

Where it gets tricky is being sure that you have the correct driver and port and device type on the right side "network schema".

Fortunately your layout is very simple. Just be sure it's done both on the Development tab and the Runtime tab by using the COPY button.

Well thank you very much. I love this forum and the great guys on it. slowly I am learning and I will eventually be full time automation. As of right now I am Dual E/I Guy. With some automation work mixed in. smaller changes. good for learning.

the wierd thing is that there is no where for me to open up the communication editor on my projects... I will be phoning TechSupport tomorrow i guess unless someone has an idea on here.

UPDATE: I uninsulated and reinstalled FTStudio and RSLinxEnterprise. The connection editor shows up now. lol