PV600 Plus Set Date/Time

jthornton

I'm trying to set the date and time on a Panelview 600 plus 2711P-T6M20D8 SER A.

I looked for a white square to pop up in the lower left corner during boot up but none appears.

I connected to the Ethernet with RSLinx and see the PV and the Compatlogix PLC.

I can load the file with Factory Talk View but don't see where I can set the time and date.

I can load the file with Factory Talk ME but it's not connected to the PV so the set date time option is not there.

We went to another machine and it has a way to log into engineering and start Factory Talk ME which does have the set date time option.

I tried booting up with the Default button pressed but there are no options I can select.

I'm at a loss... geez it only took 2 minutes to set the time on the CompactLogix PLC.

Thanks

JT

This may be an older version which does not have the white square button on boot. If that is the case, you can either create a new application with a Goto Config button and then use this to access the terminal settings or you can open the Panelview, extract the compactflash card, save the .MER file to your computer for future restoration and remove it from the compact flash. Then reinsert the compactflash card and reboot the PanelView. Because it cannot find the startup application it should fail over to the configuration mode which will display the terminal settings.

See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3E7bjhBDVA

The white square was added in version 3.2 and then removed in version 6 (referred to as Plus 6)

I was going to say just the opposite about versions. A version older than 3.2 isn't all that likely. So, maybe it is a newer Plus 6 or Plus 7 version that doesn't have the white dot. If so, plug in a USB keyboard and then use the Default button again. It can't access Maintenance (Safe) Mode without the USB keyboard. This method is only for the Plus 6 or Plus 7 units.

If it is an older PV (before the Plus 6), is your PV a unit with a touchscreen (touch only or touch with a keypad), or does it only use a keypad? If I recall, the keypad only units used another method since they didn't have a touchscreen. Actually, I just read that the keypad units do show the white dot, but you press F1 when you see it. If you aren't seeing it, then you likely have a newer Plus 6 or Plus 7.

Alternatively, as suggested...create a new application with the Goto Config Mode button on the default display. All programs should have this included, even if they add security to prevent access from the normal users.

OG

Last edited:
The PV firmware is 7.0.0 (CPR9 SR6)

Edit: it's a touch only screen.

I actually watched that video on my phone in the factory but missed a lot of detail due to small size and noise from the machines. It seems simple now to just add a goto config button on the setup screen.

Thanks
JT

Last edited:
Alternatively, as suggested...create a new application with the Goto Config Mode button on the default display. All programs should have this included, even if they <b>add security to prevent access from the normal users.<b>

OG

I would strongly suggest the adding security or bury the Goto Config button, as you do not want operators randomly deleting the program or anything else that a bored person might be able to change in the PV config šŸ™ƒ