MLX 1100 Intermitent ASCII Write/Read Problem

CRB

Hi All,

I wrote some code for a small hydro scheme a couple of months ago. Part of the project was to read data from a grid analyser via RS232. I wrote the attached code and everything seemed to work fine. Last week the customer called to say that the system keeps going offline due to a comm's fault!. He also said this has happened a couple of times during the first 2 months of operation, but had now become so frequent the plant has been shutdown.

PLC: Micrologix 1100
Grid Analyser :Circutor CVMK Series

At this stage I don't know what error code the control word of any of the ASCII instructions is showing, I hope to get to site on Tuesday to investigate.

I'm a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to ASCII, could someone have a look at my code (LAD 5 - Grid Analy). Any comments on better practices with regards to ASCII would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris