MODBUS MASTER AND SLAVE on S7-200

VCControls

Has anyone ever attempted to run Master and Slave MODBUS RTU on 2 different ports on the same PLC. Just curious how you tackled the timing issues between the handling slave requests while attempting to keep a routine master control from the other port. I have successfully implemeted a master and also a slave, but never attempted both at the same time.

If you are using two different ports, one as a master and one as a slave, there is generally no problem. I haven't done it on Siemens, but I have on many other brands and I would not expect Siemens to be THAT different.

Each port is essentially independent on most PLCs. Each port has its own address, its own baud rate etc. and its own comm driver.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have an example project of the cm ptp ET200 SP HA with 410-5H DCS (PCs7 9.1 SP1) for MODBUS MASTER/SLAVE communication ?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am quite new to PLC programming. The master would be a Beijier HMI (iX T12B SC) and the slave a Beijier Nexto (XP340). I have...
Replies
Views
I successfully got a Micro 820 (Slave) and Red Lion HMI (Master) to work together using Modbus TCP. But now I need to add an Automation Direct...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to read from my PLC which is Modbus TCP/IP Master one Siemens S7-1200 PLC which is configured as Profinet IO Device. I know what are...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm seeing Point To Point for S7-400 Master/Slave Modbus RTU connection. How can I do RS485 multidrop using CP 441-2 and Modbus driver...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom