Modicon M340 (Unity) Newbie Question

JoeB7774

Hello. New to Unity and had a couple quick questions. Can a Modicon M340 output to a small multiline LCD screen and not a full HMI?

Not sure how I would tell that. The model number is P3420302. There is an ethernet and what appears to be a serial port on the front.

The BMXP3420302 processor supports CAN Open, Modbus TCP and Ethernet TCP/IP.
Can your LCD module, talk one of these protocols?
What's your LCD reference?

I actually haven't purchased an LCD yet. I will make sure to look for those protocols when selecting one. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I dig into this.

Similar Topics

Hello all, My company have sourced a Modicon M340 PLC with a Magelis (XPT GTO4310) HMI. The intention here is to use this setup in order to...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I'm using Unity Pro v8 (131118) with Modicon M340. I cut my teeth on PLCs with Modicon back in the early 90s but this is my first...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm new to the world of Schneider/Modicon, need some help..... I have inherited a Modicon M340 as part of some used equipment that our...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm new to the world of Schneider/Modicon, need some help..... I have inherited a Modicon M340 as part of some used equipment that our...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the question folks and excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, my experience with this type of PLC is only 2 Hrs. I need help...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom