Modicon M580 and Powerflex question

secs

Hi all. Having had to change jobs due to the recent Covid stuff has thrown me a curve ball. I write my own software and have played with Rockwell and Triplc stuff but am self taught in everything I do. I need some help.
I have recently changed jobs and trying to get my head around Unity Pro etc using Youtube.

I have a Modicon M580 and a Powerflex 525 VSD

Stumbling around (and there is no other way of describing it) I can see the VSD block and the associated code etc for the speed control.

So my basic question is:
The PLC and VSD comminicate over ethernet. I can see the VSD unit in the DTM browser etc. I need to increase the maximum speed of the VSD. I have changed the max speed in the VSD itself but I cant get the unit to increase speed. The functional block etc shows 100 as the speed and I was assuming that was sending a 100 to the VSD meaning 100% of the max speed setting on the VSD but now I am not so sure.

My above explanation using the best but how does the unit send the speed? Is it a 0-100% of does it send say a 50 for 50 hz etc. If I can work that out, I can perhaps find where the reference is coming from. I have changed parameter 44 on the power flex but I am now also wondering if I have missed something.