Modicon Premium - After cold reset, counters lost data

epikur

Hello,
We are working on PLC Schneider Electric Modicom TSX Premium (Telemecanique) and we aren't able / we don't know how to make some range of markers, counters, timers as retentive.

Every time, when PLC is cold restarted, it does not remember the
values from the moment just before when it was turned off or restarted.

For the siemens simatic s7 I do this as follows:
go to "Hardware Config" -> select CPU and "Object Properties" -> select tab "Retentive Memory" and here I can choose range of markers, timers and counters that are retentive.

BTW I am begginer and I can not to find this feature. Maybe there is no such feature?

Thank you for help and best regard,
epikur

There is an option under CPU setup to reset %Mwi on startup, make sure this is UNCHECKED

As for timers and counters i dont know if you can make them retentive, i have never needed to do this as we dont run much time based stuff

Are you using Unity OR PL7 Software? I usually save variable values to a data file. Then download that file after PLC restart.

Ranjith said:
Are you using Unity OR PL7 Software? I usually save variable values to a data file. Then download that file after PLC restart.
We use Unity.
It happens when I change structure of some data variable then I lost another data too.
For the siemens, when I change some variable data e.g. word into 2xbyte then I lost only this variable with changed structure and the rest of data is unchanged.

Are you sure that you are speaking about COLD START and not about WARM START?
Cold start is defined as "power restoral with loss of data (battery fault)" or program loading or cartridge change etc. A powerloss and back ist a warm start.

To save data after power loss (with battery OK), you have to assign a address (%m, %mw) to the variable (make the variable LOCATED).

I do work with quantum plc's. I hope that with your equipment it is the same.

If you realy speak about cold start so please excuse me.

Robert