Modicon Quantum PLC swap question

Strokur

I have a backup Processor which is identical to the processor running my plant (140 CPU 652 60).

If I load the same project into this backup controller I should be able to power down the active PLC remove the controller and replace it, everything would be identical (the memory cards as well). This would work correct?

Assuming the above works as I would want it to, how would I get the Current Init Values that haven't been replaced in the main program onto the program I wanted to put on the back up controller? once on the back up controller I could make other changes as well then build/save and then swap out.

My initial thought was I could disconnect from the active controller and it would ask to update the values. I would do that then instead of stopping the PLC and uploading it couldn't I just rebuild the project save it and upload it into the back up? I might be missing something but this would avoid costing me 2+ hrs of commuting for a very minor change (adding 3 cards to a drop and expanding the memory allocated for our %m register bits.

I appreciate any and all suggestions and help.
Thank you!
Phil

you can use unity PLC->save data from PLC to file to save the contents of the PLC memory to a file, then restore that file to the new processor using PLC->restore data from PLC to file.