Modicon - Read RTD temperaturs less than zero

Trevlar

We have a Modicon Quantum with an ARI 030 10 RTD card installed. We are adding a PT100 3-Wire RTD to the card. The range that we need to display is -50 to 150 deg.C. We select the correct RTD type in Traffic Cop. Using a decade box, we can read the correct temps until we get below 0 C. Then the register shows overflow. (<9999). What must we do to get the register to display minus temp values? We cannot find anything about this in the Quantum Hardware or Logic Block Library guides. Thanks!

in modsoft check the the input range and the input data format it should be 16 bit signed and not 16 bit unsigned.

-50= zero in the plc
150= 4095 in the plc

Close. This RTD card (ARI03010) does not give 0-4095, it gives the raw temp value (in either F or C, user configurable). So, when we set it up for C, and have at +50, it reads +50, the problem is crossing below a zero value (or close to it). The cut-off appears to be -17.7 C. What we have done for now, is masked out the 16th bit, making the negative value a positive one and applying a -0.1 scaling factor at the HMI level. This will work for us now, but I don't understand why it won't allow the RTD card to drive the negative value lower than -17.7 without overflowing... Thanks for all of the advice.