Modicon to Allen-Bradley Conversion

wpyles

I have plans for some new equipment. The plans call for a Modicon M340 with a BMX CPS 2000 and BMX P34 2030. My plant contains only Allen-Bradley and I would like to keep it that way.

My question is: What is the equivalent Allen-Bradley controller?

Thanks for your time.

It is a pressure casting system for ceramics. It is mainly operating solenoids for pneumatic operation. The plans call for 64 Pt Discrete Inputs and 64 Discrete Outputs as well as a counting module and 8 channels of 4-20mA Analog. I will start researching the CompactLogix. Thanks

It is a pressure casting system for ceramics. It is mainly operating solenoids for pneumatic operation. The plans call for 64 Pt Discrete Inputs and 64 Discrete Outputs as well as a counting module and 8 channels of 4-20mA Analog. I will start researching the CompactLogix. Thanks

If that's all it is you can check out the Micrologix line too.

CompactLogix

I did a similar conversion on a paper winding machine. The Siemens was already in the cabinet and running but the customer wanted an Allen Bradley. The CompactLogix was a very easy and seamless changeover. The footprint is similar (a little smaller even) and the wiring stayed pretty much in the same place.

Depending on communications and expandability I would go with the
CompactLogix myself. If Micro would suffice that would be good too.