Module to read up to 600 vac siemens s7-1500

aliplc89

Hi,

I am using Siemens s7-1500.

what module can I use to read voltage value up to 600 VAC?
what module can I use to read fan RPM up to 7000 RPM?
what module can I use to read current value up to 60 Amps?

Thank you,

You could use a CT (current transformer)to measure amps, and a VT (voltage transformer) to measure voltage, the ones that put out an analog signal. Then wire these to an analog input card on your PLC and scale accordingly. You can get these at Automation Direct.

Not sure what is available for sensing RPM.

Note: Make sure the CT and VT are the Transmitter type, as they put out an analog signal.

Hi,

Thank you for your assistance. I need this for end of assembly line testing purposes. I am testing HVAC units, when the unit comes at the testing station, the operator has to hook up amp clamps on cables and we need the PLC to capture these values .

same thing for voltage, I do not know what testing instrument should I use to read voltage that is compatible with the PLC and what module.

so using CT and VT would do this ? I mean CT and VT has to be fixed on the unit I am testing or it is portable that I can test one unit and pass it on then test next unit? and ... so on

First thing S7-1500 is overkill for the required problem.
For reading current you would need CT and additional current transmitter (for example https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/us?uri=pxc-oc-itemdetail:pid=2810625). For your application, good solution would be split core CT (for example EATON CT-SP-4-100-5A).

Regarding voltage you can use 600V/50V transformer and Schneider Electric RMCV60BD.

Regarding RPM it dependence from mechanical requirements. You can use hollow shaft encoder or even hand held tachometer with analogue output....

You have asked generic question and you have received generic answer....

Automation Direct has a Current Transducer that outputs 4-20ma with a split core, split core meaning that you can open it up place wire inside and close it. You would not need a signal conditioner with this one as it is built in and you would not need a separate transducer as it is built in as well. Part no is: DCT100-42-24-S
Unfortunately their Voltage transducers only go to 500vac.

the 1500 should be able to do the pulse counting. as mentioned, for what you describe, a 1200 would do.

I agree with the previous comments on your other requirements :).