Moellar Easy500

Okay, I will post my proposed and revised version here for your review and criticism. It may take about 30 minutes to fix it up and add rung notes.

Does the Pump Stop I05 have to be a pushbutton, or can it be a On/Off switch (much easier to use in the pump logic)? Do you mean it to only stop the pump while your finger is holding down the pushbutton? If so, then that is okay and easy to construct.

When you do a Manual Agitate using Pushbutton I06, do you want the normal 1-hour agitation cycle to be reset (T01 timer starts over at 0), or do you want the T01 timer to continue with the normal 59-minute-55-second cycle?

Last edited:
Here is my proposed program, with my AssUMed devices for Inputs I05 and I06 to be normally-open momentary-contact pushbuttons, and the other inputs set for maintained-contact devices. You can change these input types in the EZ-Soft Simulator, if needed.

EffluentDischarge R1.jpg

Attachments

• EffluentDischarge R1.ZIP
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The pump stop will be a key switch (not a push button sorry).

When the manual agitate button is pressed I would like for the agigate output to come on for 5 secs, separate to the hour timed output. If this makes sense?

The pump stop will be a key switch (not a push button sorry).
Okay, will this Pump Stop key switch be normally open or normally closed in the RUN position?

When the manual agitate button is pressed I would like for the agigate output to come on for 5 secs, separate to the hour timed output. If this makes sense?
Yes, as it is, the I06 button will agitate for 5 seconds, but it also resets T01.

Last edited:
Pump Stop Key switch will be Normally Open.
Yeah, this is ok with regards to the timer.

Once again thanks for your help.

Here is Revision 2 with a N.O. Pump Run/Stop Keyswitch, and independent Automatic Timer T02 and Manual Timer T03 for the 5-second agitation.

Last edited:
Thanks. Did the address descriptions and rung notes help you understand how it works, or do you prefer a stripped-down version with only the PLC addresses? (The stripped-down version seems to be preferred by most beginners, for some unknown reason).

Hi Lancie, Yeah the address descriptions and rung notes did help a great deal (I've amended it though so its more 'basic' for technicians to understand). Thank you.

I am fairly new to PLCs, only been working with them for around 3years but never done any writing just fault-finding.

(I've amended it though so its more 'basic' for technicians to understand).
I am out-of-touch and would love it if you posted the revised version so I could see what technicians now can understand. Maybe I need to change my descriptions. My American could be a lot different than real English.

Thanks. I see the differences. One big one that I do not understand is removing the address comments (descriptions). If you don't want them to show, you could just do a "View, Comment, txt Display" to turn them off.

How is deleting these comments an advantage for your technicians? Are they secret, only for certain knowledgeable fellows? How is it better for them not to know the function of each PLC address? For me, the more I know, the better. I just don't understand.

PS: I meant to tell you that there is an extra (unnecessary) instruction on Rung 008. The "T02" on the top rung branch is not actually needed, because when T02 reaches 5 seconds, it resets T01 in Run 006, which will stop the Agitator in Rung 008.

There are other ways to do the job. For example, Timer T01 and T02 could be replaced by only one Timer (call it new T01). New T01 could have its "Parameters, Mode" changed from "On-delayed" to "On/off-delayed". That means it times OFF for some period (59 minutes and 55 seconds), the goes ON for some time period (0 minutes and 05 seconds), then repeats each time it is reset or turned off. The reason I did not use an On/off-delayed timer was to make the program easier to understand. But without the address comments, you might as well use the more complicated timer anyway. No one will be able to understand the timer differences without the address comments.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone is available to help with my project.
I would like to add an output but unsure on the 'correct' configuration for this.
I would like Q04 to energise when I04 comes on, then Q04 to de-energise when Q02 stops.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom