Moellar Easy500

I am still here for now anyway. I know from the old program that I04 is the ultrasonic sensor for Tank High Level. Now, what is the new Q04 Output? I have to AssUMe that it is a Tank High Level Indicator of some type. Here is Revision 3.

Last edited:
Hi Lancie1,
We have fitted a bleed valve which will allow the water to flow back through the pipe when the pump has stopped running to reduce the risk of concrete settling in the pipes.
The Air-Bleed valve is connected to Q04 and this needs to have a signal when the pump is running (Q02).
Sorry for any confusion.

Okay, in the attached Revision 4, I changed the Q04 comment to "AIR BLEED VALVE ON PIPE". As you requested, I also converted the Agitatior Timers T01 and T02 to one "flashing" type timer, set to go ON for 59 minutes 55 seconds, and OFF for 05 seconds. Using a "Break"-type contact for T01 then gets the desired results running in the Simulation.

The new Q04 works as you previously requested in Post #30:
I would like Q04 to energise when I04 comes on, then Q04 to de-energise when Q02 stops.

Last edited:
Hi Lancie1,

Thank you for your help with this.

A few minor changes which have been picked up (hopefully this will be the final change).
With the automatic agitator I would like a weekday timer setting and a weekend timer setting.
Weekday - On 10seconds/Off 30minutes
Weekend - On 5seconds/Off 120minutes.

I'm not sure whether this is possible with the 7-day timer.

I'm not sure whether this is possible with the 7-day timer.
The best I can tell from the EZ 500/700 User Manual, it is not possible with only 1 EZ relay. There are eight time switches (1 to 8) available, each with 4 "channels" A, B, C, and D. That allows for 8 x 4 or 32 ON and OFF time settings. In reality, the 7-day timer will work best when there are only 4 On settings (HH:MM) and 4 Off settings (HH:MM) for each day.

For your scenario, for the weekdays, you would need 2 time switches for each hour or 2 X 24 = 48 per weekday, but there are only 32 available. That does not include your Weekend time switches, which would require 1 on/off time switch every 2 hours, or 1/2 per hour for 24 hours = 24/2 = 12 time switches. For both weekday and weekend, you would need a total of 48 + 12 = 60, but there are only 32 available.

Another problem is that the 7-day time switch does not allow control of less than 1 minute periods, so you would have to run the agitatior at least 1 minute each time it goes on. That may be too long for you, so would eliminate using the 7-day time switch, or would require using more than 1 EZ relay for the same job. I suppose you could use two, with the agitator contact for each EZ wired in parallell, so that EZ #1 would do the first 30 time switches, and EZ #2 would do the last 30 time switches.

Here is another possible option. Use the 7-day timer H01 to control two standard "flashing" agitator timers, T1 for weekdays, and T2 for weekends. H01 enables T1 each day of the week, but it enables T2 for the weekend days. If you want to try this option, let me know when you want the weekend to start and end on a 24-hour clock basis. Will it be midnight on Friday night (time 00:00 on Saturday), or 6 AM Saturday morning, or something else? Will the weekend end at midnight (23:59) on Sunday, or some other time?

Last edited:
EZ Relay Effulent Discharge Program- Revision 5

Here is Revision 5 that uses two 7-Day Timers which in turn activate 2 regular Timers T01 and T02 to control the Agitator.

Unfortunately, the range of the regular timers is either HH:MM or MM:SS. You need the MM:SS in order to get the 5 and 10 second Agitator ON times, but that means that the maximum range is then 100 Minutes, or 1 Hour and 40 Minutes, about 20 minutes short of what you wanted for the weekend time range. However maybe it will be close enough.

For the 7-Day Timers H01 and H02, I used multiple ON and OFF times where possible, so that if there is a power failure or if the EZ Relay is started in the middle of a normal cycle, that you will not have to wait a whole week before the agitator receives a START instruction.

I ran it on the built-in EZ Simulation program and it works as best I can tell.

Last edited:
Hi Lancie,

I've been away from work for a few days so haven't had chance to test the program with our system.

Looking at the pdf version everything looks good.

Thank you for you help and assistance. Also sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you.

I hope it works. I noticed that the EZ Relay has a battery that keeps the 7-day timer from stopping during a power outage, but it does not activate the outputs. If you need to keep the Agitator running during outages, you would need to add a small UPS battery backup with enough capacity to energize the agitator solenoid.

Lancie1, Thank you for your assistance with this.
I've just managed to test the program and everything was ok apart from the air-bleed valve, I've had to change Q02 from Normally Closed to Normally Open on Rung 013 due to the air bleed valve not operating.
I needed the air bleed valve (Q04) to operate when the pump was operating (Q02)

I needed the air bleed valve (Q04) to operate when the pump was operating (Q02)
Yes, but you first said that the bleed valve should come on when the high-level switch goes on. The pump may not go one when the high level switch goes on due to the switch positions. Probably you need to modify rung 013 again and remove I04 High Level switch and simply use a contact for Q02 to start and stop Q04.

Or you could just put the Q04 Output on Rung 005, and in parallel with the Q02 Pump Output, then delete Rung 013. That way, when the pump runs, the air bleed valve is ON. If the pump is not on for whatever reason (someone turned off the keyswitch), the the air bleed valve is off too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom