Moeller EasySoft Basic - Need Urgently

kolbep

Hi All.

So I have this customer with a dead Moeller Easy621 Smart Relay.

Some time ago, I took photos of the rungs on the LCD screen, so that I could have a backup of the program (this Packing Machine was assembled, and programmed by a company that no longer exists). I then took those photos, and used the Demo version of EasySoft to reconstruct the program, and simulate it.

The SmartRelay died the other day (Corrosion), so I ordered a replacement Easy721, Programming Cable, and Software from my supplier. They told me that there is no software in South Africa at the moment, but their supplier will make a plan to get us some urgently.

I then told my customer that I would install the new PLC on Tuesday Morning. Today I went to my supplier, got the SmartRelay, Cable, and a CD, which we thought was the EastSoft program, but instead it was only the driver for the USB Cable.

As I have already ordered the software (and will be paying for it), is there any way for me to get a copy of it, so that I can get them up and running in the meantime.

I know I can just program from the LCD on the smart relay, but it is a lot easier for me to use the PC interace.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,
but the Demo version does not allow programming to the PLC.

I will get hold of Eaton/Moeller now..

Well, A lot of google-fu and i eventually found a copy that I could use. {Just until my supplier gets their act into gear.}
Still waiting for my supplier to get the proper disc in stock. :-//

But anyway,
The way I made the backup of the last PLC ladder program (that was designed by the company that is now out of business),
was by taking a shot of each of the screens in turn on the PLC. But it was with a cheap camera, so the pictures were not that clear, and that was over 3 years ago.

Using the Blurry shots, I Recreated the program in the software, and went to put the replacement PLC/SmartRelay in, and found that I must have gotten some of the program wrong. Certain things refused to work (This is a Macadamia Nut Packing Line, with 2 Lines feeding seperate hoppers (Including Prox Level Sensors for each hopper, that then get mixed in a certain ratio into a scale hopper, then get dumped into a box, and compacted, etc.)

So I basically had a choice of trying to sort their code out, or just to rewrite it my way.
Which I did. I knew already how the machine functions, so I just had to ask them for their procedure of buttons that they press, etc.
2 Hours Later, I had the whole system up and running. Surprising for me because I have never actually done PLC programming before.
I have designed a few Relay Logic Panels, so I guess that helped a bit.

Before that, my only experience with PLC's was reading their Ladder Logic, and diagnosing why the soap packing line (another factory) was not processing correctly.

Now I am just itching to find out what else needs a PLC...