Momentary Pushbutton Control on/on

Your diagram is similar to my Method 6, but it is not correct. Fix it like Milldrone showed you and it will work then. Forget the key bounce stuff, that is rarely a problem but makes a good excuse when your program has an error. Yours has 3 errors.

...Same results: R015.03 is not holding after the button is released
It will be the Output on the first rung, R015.02 that will alternate On/Off. R015.03 is just a temporary holding relay. Your first and greatest mistake was in not adding Symbol Names to these Inputs and Outputs so that you would know what is what.

ALTERNATOR ON.jpg ALTERNATOR OFF AGAIN.jpg

Last edited:
I did fix the errors and it still did not work for me, I was doing something wrong. I have not figured out how to do the names yet, I guess it is a good time to that, also I just got a newer version of the software so that may help.
I did get the diagram below to do what I wanted.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Ladder002.gif

I have looked at and tried several flip/flop diagrams and can not get them to work, only half works or the relays buzz(scan problem?)

Oh, I see. That's what you meant by only half works. What you originally tried, and what everyone was explaining to you, was the method to toggle one output. You were looking to toggle between two outputs.

If you can toggle a single point, you can use it to control two outputs. When the toggle point is true, turn on the first output and turn the second output off. When the toggle point is false, turn off the first output and turn the second on.

Ok, how about

Code:
 R000.01 M000.01  M000.00   <--- Thats a one shot of the input that is
---] [----]/[-----(  )--

R000.01          M000.01
---] [------------(  )--

M000.00 R015.02  R015.02   <---- every 1 shot invert R15.2
 ---] [----]/[----+--(  )--    
                  |
  M000.00 R015.02 |
 ---]/[----] [----+

R015.02          R015.03 <---- make 15.3 NOT 15.2