Momentary Pushbutton Control on/on

akalawolf

Sorry if this has been beat to death.

I have an old Samsung SPC-10 that I want to use for a gate control.

When a momentary push-button contact is made I need it to engage relay 1(Gate Close)push the button again and
it switches to relay 2(Gate Open)

I have the time delays and limits switches worked out.

I have looked at and tried several flip/flop diagrams and can not get them to work, only half works or the relays buzz(scan problem?)

Got this from a diagram, out R015.02 only holds if the NO button(R000.01) is held in

as far as I can find the PLC does not support one shot or DIFU / KEEP

Ladder.gif

Trigger", "Hold", and "One-Shot" are names I assigned. It is left up to you to choose appropriate addresses for them. For example, "Trigger" might be the real world input address for your pushbutton. The addresses assigned to "Hold" and "One-Shot" can be any available internal (M) addresses or bits of R words.

Edit
Sorry about the reference to M addresses. I don't know the Samsung addressing scheme so I'm not sure if they even have a separate range of discrete nternals or whether you always use bits of R words.

Last edited:
Trigger", "Hold", and "One-Shot" are names I assigned. It is left up to you to choose appropriate addresses for them. For example, "Trigger" might be the real world input address for your pushbutton. The addresses assigned to "Hold" and "One-Shot" can be any available internal (M) addresses or bits of R words.

Edit
Sorry about the reference to M addresses. I don't know the Samsung addressing scheme so I'm not sure if they even have a separate range of discrete nternals or whether you always use bits of R words.

Ok it does have M and K
Internal Relay (non-retentive) MOO000-MO3115
Keep Relay (retentive) KOOOOO-KO1515

This is also know as a Cutler Hammer D50

Got this from a diagram, out R015.02 only holds if the NO button(R000.01) is held in

same results R015.03 is not holding after the button is released

I would expect R015.03 to be momentary. Or is the above comment a typo?

Any chance of contact bounce? Can you "force" bits? And then test your flip flop with a forced bit as the input?

If all else fails have you tried using a counter, and using the least significant bit of the accumulated count as off or on?

Last edited:
(P) is Siemen's S7 PLC rising edge(oneshot)instruction.
M1.2 stores the state.

Network 2 is basically exclusive Or logic which will toggle the output state (m1.0) each time the button is pressed (I0.0)

Last edited: