Monitoch evaluation not going well

ddnnis

I am currently evaluating the Monitouch V-SFT software. I am thinking about connecting Monitouch's V810C HMI to an A-B Micrologix 1500. I added a standard Pushbutton Switch in the Monitouch HMI and gave it an Allen Bradley Address of B07:100/00. When I run the error checker it said no errors found. I know that B07 is not a valid data file the 7's are reserved for integer files in the Micrologix. Like wise 5's are reserved for counters, 4's are for timers and so on. It appears the compiler (error checker) does not catch these errors. I also tried the simulator it appears I actually need a Monitouch HMI to use the simulator (not much of a simulator if I need the HMI to use it). It also appears there is virtually know support. Maybe I am doing something wrong, at any rate what is the general consensus on the Monitouch HMI's if any? Before I spend too much time on this thing, I would like to know what others think.o_O

Well I wouldn't expect the V-SFT software to catch a reserved address file for AB in it's compiler. When you get down to it there really ins't much difference between and N file and a B file and the driver may not care about the format of the file as they are both 16 bit files anyway. That would take away the flexibility of the HMI plus you can create your own data files above the standard ones in any format you choose. I don't see that as a big deal as I would expect error checking for cross-vendor products. You are lucky V-SFT has a driver to read from the AB PLC.