Monitor system via ethernet

Yes. I have RSLinx v2.20 (or something). The installers of the conveyor invoiced us for all kinds of software, so my boss made them give it to us.

By the way, Steve, is that a job or a favor you're offering?

I am looking at Automation's Ignition, but holy macherel, it's gonna take allot of reading to come close to setting something up. That's what I get for opening my mouth, LOL.

Just for informations sake Archie, is that in the PLC. While on-line, have it map the tags in the program thats running, because I don't want to mess with whats running. Monitor, yes, convert, change, no. Maybe I'm just not up to speed to be doing something like this.

Thanks all for the help. I'll let you know what comes of this little project.

If you need a hand, I can help you set something up in Ignition. PM me.

Yes. I have RSLinx v2.20 (or something). The installers of the conveyor invoiced us for all kinds of software, so my boss made them give it to us.

By the way, Steve, is that a job or a favor you're offering?

When you fire up RSLinx, it's caption will tell you what version you have. Mine says RSLinx Professional. You need any version besides RSLinx Lite. The version number (ie: v2.20) doesn't really matter.

The Lite version will not allow you to use DDE or OPC which is how I connect programs to PLCs. Lite comes free with most Rockwell software. You have to pay extra for the better versions.

A program with some status indicators, numeric readouts, pushbuttons,... is really simple to do (after you know how) and I'm happy to whip up a small program gratis for anyone on PLCs.net. It's just my way of giving back to all the fine folks here who have helped me.

Steve.

A program with some status indicators, numeric readouts, pushbuttons,... is really simple to do (after you know how) and I'm happy to whip up a small program gratis for anyone on PLCs.net. It's just my way of giving back to all the fine folks here who have helped me.
Make a sample project and put it in the downloads section. Put it in the "misc" since I guess it can be used with any PLC/OPC server.

The RSLinx I have does not say Lite on the splash screen. It just says RSLinx version 2.20.02 (build 126) so I don't think it's lite.

As far as a program, I only need lights (indicators) There are 16 lanes that have half full, full and a jam photo eye. The rest of the system only has 4 jam photo eyes, so it wouldn't be much.

Speaking of photo eyes. I mentioned that I transferred from a building they closed down, and I brought allot of the spare parts with me. I ended up with 6 Allen Bradley right-sight photo eyes that I can't use. They are for device-net, They are 42EF-?????-A5 (sorry, I wrote it down but left it at work) and we use 42EF-P2RCB-A2. The device-net eyes are about 20-40 bucks more than the ones I need, and I'm looking for someone who might want to trade. They are brand new in the factory wrapper. I'll even take 4 for the 6 I have. (I have no spares right now)

Sorry I haven't had too much time lately to get on the board. It's a new job and I'm busy fixing all the **** the guy before me did. Heck, I haven't even plugged into the PLC yet. I have the program on my laptop and have looked through it many times to try and figure out what the programmer was thinking as I watch the system run. I'll have more time in a week or so to dive into his mess.

Thanks again for all the input.