Monitoring a Siemens S200 station with an OP

NoName

Hello all.

I'm playing around with a siemens 200 station(CPU 221) wich has a Text display(TD 200 version 3.0). And I'd like to monitor the program progress with the text display connected. I can't do that beacouse the TD is connected to the same port that you conect the programing cable. Is there an adapter or something avalible???

Regards
Ales

You can either get a PLC that has two ports. Or, make your own cable using profibus connectors. If you get the connectors with a "piggy back" port you can monitor as you wish to do.
You will need to put a seperate 24v supply to the TD200 if you use your own cable.

There are a couple models of S7-200 with 2 serial ports. Another choice is add a Profibus slave module to the PLC, as you can connect your programming cable to that.