Most Common PLC Use?

RUBE:

The snot nosed inventor is my son. He had worked for me for 5 years, until business turned upside down. He is very talented and creative. Electronics was easy for him, electricity (practices and proceedures) came a littl harder as there was considerable less interest.

RUBE wrote:
maybe something like this could be a springboard to his first million.

I hope so, I expect him to support me in my old age!

regards.....casey

NOTE TO NASCAR FANS

Race season is approaching fast. GREAT!

NOTE To Those Who Are Not NASCAR Fans

Contrary to popular belief, and what you see posted here from time to time, there is more to life then PLC's!

Last edited:
PLC's are becoming more sophisticated, efficient and cheap. I use PLC's now for high speed motion control applications such as CNC. PID applications for process control (flow and pressure etc.) in fact just about any application that at one time were the province of DCS or dedicated custom built controls. They can be used for batching chemicals, pharmaceuticals, baked goods, pet food, you name it. I've used PLC's for load sharing gas compressors, machine monitoring, remote alarming over SMS using a dedicated modem. Replacing relays and timers? Sure but PLC's are capable of way more than that today.

Eric Nelson said:

The output might possibly turn on the sprayer. Probably goes to the common of a selector switch to select different spray heads... :confused:

That's the same question I keep asking Bob H. (testsubject)... :D

beerchug

-Eric

HEY!!!!

The answer to that is...

Because it was there.

beerchug

Akreel mentioned Surgical Proceedures, financial planning in the last post. When elevmike gets the roulette game running, he can start on one for financial planning. Shouldn't be too hard, and probably work better then those guys with the office at the corner of "WALK" and DONT WALK".

As far as a PLC for surgery, maybe we should test the video inspection system a little more.

regards.....casey

Casey,

I've officially given up on the PLC roulette thing. Reason being is that the random number issue has proven to be quite a challenge, and everything I've come up with seems to be predictable...so much so that one cant lose playing the right strategy. That being based on the idea that any even outside bet will not come up more then 9 times or so. Since roullette is suppose to be a winner for the house and not the player..suffice it to say that I was unsuccessful in this endevor, and have returned to more productive issues...

The da Vinci thing seems inapproperatly named since it's kinda a electronic version of the polygraph which was 1st invented by John Isaac Hawkins wayyyy back in the 1800s. However the polygraph was based on the pantigraph which was used by da Vinci, but NOT invented by him... The predomanit school of thought is that Euclid came up with the org idea..

Just a tidbit of usless info....

Mike:

I would think that there would be a way to take a continuously running timer to come up with a random number. Some of the wierd stuph I came up with trying to do math functions for finding the high spot in a golf cart tire machine with an ultrasonic distance sensor came up with a LOT of random numbers.