Ishida Multi Head Scales CCW-M-214- What are the common causes of faults ?

Good Afternoon ,

I'm sure there are many Ishida Muti-Head Weigh Systems . We have a Ishida CCW-M-214W Multi-Head system .

We are using it to weigh and distribute Tomatoes , Onions , Garlic , etc.
We keep getting numerous faults on several bucket stations , such as Overscale Error Channel 1 WH:1 , and other buckets , WH Error Channel =1 WH 5 , etc.

I'm not too familiar with these Ishida Scale Systems . Could you kindly give
me some links to different manuals , maybe some threads , etc.

Having a difficult time finding some good technotes , for these scales .

Thanks so much ,

I’m out of practice fixing these. I had more experience back in the Z, RZ days. If you don’t have an extra drive unit or two, (or more than that if you have several scales) I suggest pushing to get some. An extra weigh hopper for testing load cells loaded would also be handy. Overscale could be poor operation of the scale. We target about 3 or 4 hoppers per dump by radial / dispersion amplitude and weight adjustment.

The load cells are easily damaged if bumped hard, it’s worse if they’re at a level where they could get hit by foot or cart traffic. If the load cell is good, replacing the DUC board usually resolves weight problems. In the old models, I would recap the DUC boards and have maybe an 80% fix ratio doing that. About the time surface mount caps started appearing on the boards, I moved to controls and we never started recapping them.

You will also encounter mechanical problems like the cam followers wearing out, linkages bent, and arms maladjusted.

I don’t know the exact target gap, but make sure the load cell travel limit adjustment screws are set to restrict flex beyond normal operation.

We have a test setup that is a 15VDC regulated supply and a block with a hook to hold a drive unit with the weigh hopper hanging off the side.

Here’s a document with some load cell testing info that applies to the M weigher. Standard use at your own risk disclaimers apply.