Ishida Multi Head Scales - I know they good for chips . What about sliced tomatos ?

Good Morning ,

We have a Ishida Multi-Head Scale . I had experiece with them for chips , crackers , etc. , but now we are using them for sliced tomato's, They seem to get stuck in the buckets , and we keep getting errors that they are not empty ,
and that is true . They are getting hung up inside the buckets .

You guys have any thoughts . Do they make a food safe spray to coat these buckets ?

Thanks so much ,

Typically the Ishida multi-head scales seem to be used for loose food. Any processing using meat is frozen, and once the meat starts to thaw the scales have problems.

Frozen tomatos?

Where I work, we have been using them for over 20 years to dispense wet slimy apple slices into pies and I believe they are looking to order a brand new unit for an upcoming expansion!

Added: I believe all the buckets and food contact surfaces are dimpled metal to allow the stickier stuff to slide easily. We don't typically have issues with slices sticking and as far as I know, I have never seen them spray them with anything other than water and typical food plant cleaning solutions.

Thanks PLC Pie Guy ,

Do you folks have problems with the Apple slices getting hung up ,
in the buckets , especially after they thaw . I guess if they are freshly cut
they don't get hung up ?

Thanks PLC Pie Guy ,

Do you folks have problems with the Apple slices getting hung up ,
in the buckets , especially after they thaw . I guess if they are freshly cut
they don't get hung up ?

No, this stuff is never frozen. We peel, slice then dispense. Every once in a while, some will stick and our scale will pick off a heavy unit, but typically it's not a problem. You would think with slimy wet apple slices it would, but they have been using this method for a very long time.

No, this stuff is never frozen. We peel, slice then dispense. Every once in a while, some will stick and our scale will pick off a heavy unit, but typically it's not a problem. You would think with slimy wet apple slices it would, but they have been using this method for a very long time.

I think the key difference here is apple slices are not floppy when freshly sliced though right?

No matter what it is, I'm sure Ishida should be able to help calibrate for a specific type of food.

I think the key difference here is apple slices are not floppy when freshly sliced though right?

No matter what it is, I'm sure Ishida should be able to help calibrate for a specific type of food.

They are fairly firm as a slice but there are different varieties which all are a little different. We do get some mash through the system during long runs. I'm thinking now that a tomato slice will have a lot more surface area to weight than the apple slices. Making them stick much worse than apples.

If you send them some sample product they will find a solution to the issue.