motion group's GroupSynced bit confuses

suboliu

Hello everyone,
who can explain motion Group's GroupSynced bit for me. Recently, I were confusesed by upload a program logic (see attach rung 6)
My question is : why when logic Servo_motion_Group.GroupSynced bit is off, and Sta3L_Slide_Axis_OK is ON?
any help will be appreciated!

Because you're not online, you're not seeing the logic execute.

Thank you, AutoMax
I am upload it, that means that at some moment, that program logic status.
my question is at that moment, GroupSynced status is OFF, Slide_Axis_OK status should be OFF, why it is ON status?

Thank you, AutoMax
I am upload it, that means that at some moment, that program logic status.
my question is at that moment, GroupSynced status is OFF, Slide_Axis_OK status should be OFF, why it is ON status?

Was the routine actually executing when the screen snapshot was taken? If yes, then cross reference that tag and look for any other logic that could be setting it ON.

suboliu, your program you emailed me is well structured, there isn't any JMP or RET statements that would skip this logic, and the JSR call to this routine is un-conditioned. And the tasks are continuous. Everything looks good. The only thing I can't check for is if an external influence is setting that tag; like a HMI with a button with that tag.

So, without actually witnessing this logic running online, the fact that an OTE instruction is set high with the logic in front of it being false can be misleading. I could send you this program back to you with that OTE instruction false just by pressing control-t while my cursor is on the instruction, saving the file, and no one would be the wiser.

If this is an existing running machine, and your fear is that this is causing a problem, I would first monitor the machine online and if its indeed acting like this without external influence, I would contact RA for help.

suboliu, your program you emailed me is well structured, there isn't any JMP or RET statements that would skip this logic, and the JSR call to this routine is un-conditioned. And the tasks are continuous. Everything looks good. The only thing I can't check for is if an external influence is setting that tag; like a HMI with a button with that tag.

So, without actually witnessing this logic running online, the fact that an OTE instruction is set high with the logic in front of it being false can be misleading. I could send you this program back to you with that OTE instruction false just by pressing control-t while my cursor is on the instruction, saving the file, and no one would be the wiser.

If this is an existing running machine, and your fear is that this is causing a problem, I would first monitor the machine online and if its indeed acting like this without external influence, I would contact RA for help.

Thanks you very much
This is existing running machine, I don't see HMI tag influence it. I can email you HMI runtime file if you need. if you have any future idea, let me know
thanks again

Honestly suboliu, I would attach to the running machine and get a fresh downloaded update. Its so easy to change the state of logic in an off-line file, it can't be trusted. And in the case of a standard tag that is the target of a OTE instruction, it doesn't matter. The tag is cleared on power-up and the logic takes over as soon as the scan hits the rung.
Please let us know what you find with a follow-up post.

if possible, after Servo_Motion_Group.GroupSynced, somebody Toggle Slide_Axis_Ok bit and make it always ON forever?

because I can't online monitor, I left that factory

No, I don't see that happening unless the processor was stopped, the tag toggled, and then the project uploaded. The way the logic is written, this rung is evaluated every scan. Provided everything is working, this offline image of that rung could not happen.

if possible, after Servo_Motion_Group.GroupSynced, somebody Toggle Slide_Axis_Ok bit and make it always ON forever?

because I can't online monitor, I left that factory

Then I believe the tag was either toggled after uploading from a running PLC, or the PLC was stopped, the tag toggled, and then the image was uploaded. I don't believe you have a problem here.

Then I believe the tag was either toggled after uploading from a running PLC, or the PLC was stopped, the tag toggled, and then the image was uploaded. I don't believe you have a problem here.

I have other different programs from this factory, all Axis_OK like this, this is when machine running, I uploaded, it is impossible to toggle this bit on every program.