Motor Contactor

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the info. To answer a few questions,

The contactor is a Cutler-Hammer 15Amp @ 600V, The pressure switches monitor the screen deck pressures (Hydraulic) this motor runs the infeed conveyor and is strictly electric. When the pressures in the hydraulic circuit get too high, the pressure switches are suppose to drop the contator out and shut off the infeed conveyor thereby preventing a more severe plug up.

This is a bit of a bastardized sysstem, components having been added over time. The last electrical company was the one that put this new contactor in, I have purchased a new one and will be installing it in the morning. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Willpower

Jolio,

It would have caused a lot of problems and damages if not for the good use of fuses. 25 fuses had burnt from that one fault.

Normaly you should look at selectivity of your fuses. When you have a short circuit only one fuse should go out not 25!!!

What I also trying to do is split up the short circuit protection and the overload protection.

Rudi

Rudi

The whole row of relays in plastic dust cover have faulty coils and contacts that are jammed up. This causes a few short circuits.
Quoting myself :D , The one fault I meant was the faulty relays. there are 25 faulted relays so it caused about that much shorts, and blown 25 fuses.
This panel already has overcurrent relay, over/under voltage relays, reverse power relays etc etc.
The whole console looks like it's plucked out of "Star Trek Enterprise" show. lolis

regards
Sherine T.