Motor Control Diagram for typical Industrial overhead Crane

sirhiss2

Hi Guys, :cool:

I'm looking for a typical control drawing for over head cranes.
Using standard Motor control Relays (No PLC Control)
Nothing fancy. ;) Just up down fast slow control.
Anyone out there have one that I could use?

Thanks

Last edited:
Straight up and down isnt really a crane, its more of a hoist.

Cranes come in a variety, mobile (telescoping and not), tower, loader, gantry, overhead (trolley), stacker, and probably a few I cant think of right now.

Hoist is a device for lifting and/or lowering a load. A hoist (or winch) may be part of a crane.

There are many options on cranes how the winch/hoist is operated, could be with AC, DC, or clutches.

May want to offer a little more detail on what you are looking for.

Like Ron said...

The crane in our shop has two speeds for all X Y & Z. In both directions each. Besides that you may have 3 phase motors, or a single phase motors.

You really need to provide more detail if your looking for a real workable drawing.

Mike

sirhiss2,

Overhead crane! I don't even want to think about it!

Yes, I have some AutoCAD drawings of a rebuilt P&H 10-ton ovehhead crane. My boss bought a used 1940's model to go in his new fabrication shop. This one has a Hoist, East/West Trolly and North/South Travel. He said, "Well I guess this will keep you busy for awhile". It did, about drove me crazy. I had to cut off the old operator cab, replace all the contactors, switches, starters, wiring, and equipment cabinets. It was kind of like starting from scratch. I did save the wound-rotor motor on the hoist, actually finding some used speed-control resistors. I bought a new control pendant with 3-position pushbuttons, and used a used reversing motor starter for the Trolly and a Soft-start starter for the Travel. The farther down you press the button, the faster the hoist motor will run (Slow, Normal, and Fast).

If this might help, I could probably E-mail you a copy.