Motor Understanding

Dick

I now understand the turndown ratio and how it relates to constant and variable torque demand on the motor. Thank you for getting that pounded into my head.

Dan Bentler

It seems that the OP, Tim Ganz, has either vanished or my explanations have stunned him into silence. If he or anyone else wants me to continue this discourse into the realm of inverter-duty motors, let me know.

It seems that the OP, Tim Ganz, has either vanished or my explanations have stunned him into silence. If he or anyone else wants me to continue this discourse into the realm of inverter-duty motors, let me know.

OK here's one we used in the early days of ac VFD's wire the 3 phase motor for 230Vac operation, set the drive to run 120 Hz at 480Vac (60hz @ 230) effectively doubling the speed and HP of a motor (never took them over 90 hz though unless manufacturer ok's it). Only caveat was that drive had to be able to handle that HP motor. Used this a lot in early days of drives to power pumps and fans. actually can still use it today, especially with the newer less expensive drives. ever hear of this before?

Dick DV
I have been looking foward to your continuing
Share knowledge please Oh Master

Dan Bentler