MS Surface and RSLogix

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone tried using a MS Surface tablet with Windows 7/8 to run RSLogix 500 or 5k? Seems like a nice alternative for simple field troubleshooting where you have wireless access available.

You could probably get it to run on the pro version, I doubt it would run on rt.I may be wrong though.

You could probably get it to run on the pro version, I doubt it would run on rt.I may be wrong though.

I can't answer the question, but I know that it won't run on an RT Version. RT can't install desktop apps.

I have a Surface Pro 2 and haven't found anything that won't install and run on it so I suspect that this will be simply a matter of answering this question:

"Will the software (RSLogix etc.) run on Windows 8.1 Pro?"

If so, then it should work on a Surface Pro 2.