Surface Pro working with Logix, Success!

Daniel_LeRoy

Lifetime Supporting Member
This isn't a question but more of a Answer for many people who I know have been thinking about this. We have a Surface Pro that I have got running Logix5000 and Logix500 and have got online with PLC and successfully downloaded with. I didn't think it would work, but we got it working and I'm pretty excited about it.

Just so you know the new version of factory talk wouldn't install. We had an old Logix5000 cd that we used and it worked.

FactoryTalk version 3.30.0148
Logix5000 version V19.01.00 CPR 9 SR 3
Logix500 version 7.00.00 CPR 7

It isn't a good tool for program changes, but for just downloads and uploads, or online monitoring it is going to work good.

🍻

Similar Topics

I'm curious if anyone has used a Surface Pro with Wonderware? I developed the application in 1920 x 1080 and that is the resolution for the main...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been shopping around for a while, seems like alot of them will only inspect a small area. What I want to do is inspect a loading...
Replies
Views
If you didn't see Microsoft's press event they released the Surface Pro 4 but also a full laptop dubbed the 'Surface Book'. Looks like it could be...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried using a MS Surface tablet with Windows 7/8 to run RSLogix 500 or 5k? Seems like a nice alternative for simple field...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am rebuilding a circa 1970's twin surface winder for light gauge plastic film. The old motors were of the eddy current variety. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom