MSG Ctrl logix to SLC5/04 on dh+

trueninjalo

Lifetime Supporting Member
First off I am a newb. With that said here is my issue. I have been researching the use and examples of the MSG command and I am at a loss at this point. I have been going for about a week now, I need help.

The operation: I have two scales. An empty scale (point A) then a fill station (point B) and then a filled scale (point C). One scale (Pre fill) weighs an empty container (point A). A two arm crane picks up and moves the containers to the next station. Arm 1 moves empty container from A to B and arm 2 moves filled container from B to C. The arms move at the same time as they are on the same crane. I need to track weights to show the weight of the product only and not the container as the containers are all different weights.

Equipment: SLC5/04 connected (Controls Crane) to A1756 DHRIO/E in slot 2 of a 1756-A7/A using 1756-L61 Control Logix (Controls Scales)

I have an SCL5/04 operating a two arm lift crane, I want to use the input bits for up and down for both vertical commands (4 in total) and limit switches for horizontal limits (2 in total). I want these bits to move the weight data from a to b to c to get the difference.

I am currently using the scales to activate my weight copy commands. (see attached). This does not work when beginning or ending for some reason. This has caused me to look at the MSG command. Am I going into the right direction or does someone with more experience see a better way?

Thanks for the time.

ScaleLogicWeight.jpg