MSG instruction SLC 5/04 to PLC-5

Howdy folks,

I was able to get the MSG working when addressed in the PLC-5. Turned out the problem was not in the instruction set-up, but in how the ladder logic for it was programmed.

Attached is an example program (all on RS500, but you get the idea) showing how I did it in 500, and then how I first tried to do it in 5, and then how I got it to work successfully. I'm glad to get it working, it turned out to be quite a bit more frustrating than I had anticipated

MSG  Instruction examples.jpg

Similar Topics

I'll start off by saying I'm unfamiliar with communications between PLC's, hence my question here. We have a machine with a ControlLogix & a SLC...
Replies
Views
I have something preventing me from sending an email from a 5/03 to a Net-Eni to the email address. I'm not sure if the problem is in my MSG...
Replies
Views
I programmed a couple of MSG instruction for a PLC5/80E to write and read data to a SLC 5/05 thru an Ethernet network on non-continuous mode. It...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to send a network bit across a DH485 network to 2 micrologix 1000s from a micrologix 1000. The goal is to send the same network bit to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Here i want just some tricks and tips to configure third party point i-o adapator data into the SLC 5/05 by using MESSAGE READ...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom