MSG routing with NET-ENI to ML1500

kbradray

I am trying to message from a SLC 5/05 to a ML 1500 on a network. I need to read from the ML to the SLC 5/05.

Here is my setup.

SLC 5/05- IP address of 192.168.0.110->Unmanaged switch 1-> cabled to Unmanaged switch 2-> 1761-NET-ENI->IP address of 192.168.0.13 ->DF1 RS 232->ML 1500

I have set up the 1761-NET-ENI (D) with the correct IP address and I can successfully navigate through linx to the ML processor so I know that it is not a networking issue. I think it is in my Ethernet to DF1 routing from the ENI to the ML via. DF1 RS 232 cable (1761-CBL-HM02).

I have read to create a RFI data table to monitor the routing, but I was wandering if I could use the message routing tab on my ENI Configuration Utility and how?

Any information on either method would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

If the MSG instruction is in the SLC-5/05, the DF1/Ethernet routing table in the 1761-NET-ENI is unnecessary.

Post the details of the arguments you used in the MSG instruction, as well as describing the error message you get in the MSG instruction.

A copy of my MSG instruction in the SLC

Here is a copy of my setup screen on my MSG instruction in the SLC 5/05

MG.JPG

I am turning on a bit to enable the MSG instruction and nothing happens. I tested this same instruction from SLC 5/05 to another SLC 5/05 and only changed the IP address. I may be missing something else.

Thanks for your help

The 1761-NET-ENI doesn't support the old "CSPv4" Ethernet protocol that the PLC-5E and SLC-5/05 still support. This is the protocol that is used when you are doing a non-"Multi-Hop" message on Ethernet.

Change that Multi-Hop selector to "yes", then create a CIP path in the resulting tab as though you were bridging to a Logix controller in Slot 0.

There is a pretty good example of this kind of message configuration in Knowledgebase article ID # 41173.