Multi Siemens PLC networking

nehe bhimaji

Hi Every one
I want to hookup the 10 numbers S7 300 PLC CPU on MPI Network . CPU,s are running on 10 different machines with 12 " HMI on each on MPI port .Each PLC has same MPI address say i.e 2
Machine manufacturer does not allow to change the MPI address
My requirement is to hook up all 10 CPU on MPI bus and communicate with single scada station for some data recording.

How i can implement the network.

You should be aware that connecting that many HMI devices on MPI (or Profibus) will be very slow.

I believe that MPI works similarly to Profibus in that a Master is only permitted to communicate when in possession of the "Token". The token is passed around between all masters on the network. HMI's operate as class 2 masters on the network.

You might want to consider leaving the MPI connections between the CPU's and the HMI's and networking the PLCs by profibus or Ethernet.

Nick

You should be aware that connecting that many HMI devices on MPI (or Profibus) will be very slow.

I believe that MPI works similarly to Profibus in that a Master is only permitted to communicate when in possession of the "Token". The token is passed around between all masters on the network. HMI's operate as class 2 masters on the network.

You might want to consider leaving the MPI connections between the CPU's and the HMI's and networking the PLCs by profibus or Ethernet.

Nick

Not only that, the speed maxes out at 187.5 kbaud, shared between the whole network.

I'd definitely consider something like the other posters suggested, with the gateway to Ethernet.

I can describe my network for you:
1-All PLCs are connected via Ethernet Network Ring "Redundancy "
2-The PLCs are connected via SCALANCE X204-2 " Ethernet <---> Fiber "Rapidity"
Scalance X204-2 have to fiber port, and 4 Ethernet port, So if you have 4 Plcs in the same location you can just connect them all to the same Scalance.
3-One X414-3 in the network for monitoring the ring, And you can Hook up with your Only SCADA Station.