multiple 1794-asb with 1756-dhrio question

lunknowl

hi i try to setup 6 1794-asb to a 1756-dhrio channel B. do anyone know how to adjust the dipswitch of the 1794-asb module ?. i already look at the manual but it doesnt mention about 1756-dhrio. thanks

Last edited:
do you read my question because answer it? stop provide stupid manual i already read it and nothing mention about 1756-dhrio.i can use the 1747-sn but it only have 0-3 number of rack!anyway it you dont know it stop support

Last edited:
I think that you confusion is that the table on Page 2-11 of the 1794-ASB user manual does not list the 1756-DHRIO as a scanner.

It shows the 1747-SN, the PLC-5, the PLC-5/250 and the PLC-3.

That does not mean the 1756-DHRIO and 1794-ASB are incompatible. The DHRIO simply isn't listed in that old manual.

The 1756-DHRIO has two channels that can be configured either for DH+ networking or as RIO Scanners.

Each channel configured as a RIO scanner can support up to 32 physical devices, with up to 32 "logical rack" numbers.

The Rack Numbers are in Octal addressing, and the 1756-DHRIO supports the full range of 00 through 77 (like the PLC-3 did).

If you have six 1794-ASB modules, the simplest thing to do is set them up as "rack" numbers 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05.

thanks for support, the 1756-dhrio support full range but for the 1794-asb manual the rack dipswitch doest not list 1756-dhrio like you mention so i have the question of dipswitch of 1794-asb ( i dont know if i can setup as same as PLC-5 BECAUSE THE 1747-sn setup only support for 3 rack)

I think a apology is called for lunknowl. You were pretty rude to a member that helps many here and gave you the correct info.

( i dont know if i can setup as same as PLC-5 BECAUSE THE 1747-sn setup only support for 3 rack)

Yes, you can consider the 1756-DHRIO to be similar to a PLC-5 or PLC-3 controller. It does not have the 4-rack limitation of the 1747-SN.

The RIO protocol was introduced in 1978, so there are a very large set of Allen-Bradley products that use it. Their documentation literally spans decades of time, and may not be perfectly updated and consistent.