Multiple PV550's on a single PLC

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I've got a situation where it would be advantageous to have 2 PVs hooked into 1 PLC (SLC 5/04). The PVs I have are 2711-K5A5 which say they are DH-485. I'm unsure if its just a straight networking of them node to node to node, or do I require NET-AIC's on each node. I haven't yet been able to find any docs on the AB website concerning this setup with these part numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Your SLC5/04' serial port will have to be configured for DH485. Then connect it to a 1761-NET-AIC. Your PV's have a RS232 port with DH485 protocol. You will need a 1761-NET-AIC for each PV.

See link to the manual below. Chapter 12 has info on hardware and cables needed.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

Below is a link to the 1761-NET-AIC manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um004_-en-p.pdf

two PanelViews 550'son one Controller

I just did four machines that each had 2 PanelView 600's connected to a Micrologix 1500 via DH485. They all worked excellent. As stated above just use the 1761-NET-AIC module and make sure you give PanelView one a node address of 2 and PanelView two a node address of 3. I my case the Micrologix was node 1.