Multiple SLC 5/05 controllers with new Panelview Plus

Brian_Nelson

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use Factory Talkview ME programming software with a new Panelview Plus HMI to read tags from multiple SLC 5/05 plc's?

I want to use a new Panelview Plus 6 or 7 to control multiple PLC's. All the PLC's have RSLogix 500 software.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Yes. But.....there are some models of PanelView that only talk to a single controller. If you can tell us which PanelView (catalog #) we can say for certain.

It isn't the software that imposes the limit, it is the PanelView itself. And the controller doesn't matter. SLC, PLC, or Logix controller doesn't matter.

If your SLC logic is documented with symbols the FTME software can import those symbols and create tags based on the symbol names. It isn't obvious that it can do this. You'll have to look for the help to walk you through it. Once you find out how to do it, it is actually pretty easy. It is just sort of hidden.

OG

Last edited:
Thanks OG. I'm not sure if we'll be using a Panelview now. I was told that an industrial PC like a VersaView would be better suited for this application. Knowing that the FTME software will "talk to" the RSLogix 500 software was what I was hoping was possible. Thanks again for your response!