Multiple timers to control single output or...?

CKYDMK

Good Day,

I am programming a machine using a EZautomation touch planel PLC and have run into a problem using multiple values in a timer.

I have made a screen where the user can enter 3 different values into 3 seperate buttons, but now I am unsure of how to enter those values into the timer. Do I have to use 3 seperate timers,(which to me seems wrong because all 3 would be loaded into the timer so it would just time to the longest time, correct?). I have to also do this with a pressure switch set up as well. Values can be entered into boxes and the machine with create a vacuum within a sealed chamber.

Thanks

Dana

I learned the hard way with the EZAutomation timers that the timer register MUST be different for each timer used. If the same register is used on two different timers then the timer fails to operate.

I have made a screen where the user can enter 3 different values into 3 seperate buttons, but now I am unsure of how to enter those values into the timer.
Dana, I assume that you only want to use one timer value in your program AT A TIME, as selected by the user.

There are two methods that will work:
(1)Use a button or switch on your EZ Touch Panel to select which of 3 timer preset values is to be used, then move ONLY that value to a single timer preset memory location, which controls your machine vacuum time.

(2) Have 3 values loaded into 3 timers, but use your EZ Touch Panel buttons to select which Timer is activated in your program, leaving the other two timers disabled.