multiple timers in Picosoft

jjgulley

I have a series of solenoids I need to run on set time amounts as long as an input is closed. The problem I cant seem to nail down, is I only want one timer at a time to operate. Timer 1 would come on and run to its setpoint and turn off. I want timer 2 to start after timer 1 shuts off, timer 3 to start after timer 2 shuts off and so on. once I get to the final solenoid, I will put in a delay timer and then reset the entire process to start over again. I cant seem to figure out how to activate the next timer in line when the previous timer shuts down.

I often just get the sequence to work then produce an 'output stage' where I combine the logic to drive the outputs.

Start TON-1, when it times out, start TON-2 and so on. They do not go off until the completion of the cycle. If you reset the first rung it kills all the timers.

Output stage says if started and not TON-1 then OUT-1, if TON-1 and not TON-2 then OUT-2 and so on.

So, cascade your timers and combine your logic to drive the outputs.