Multipul Macrs in Factorytalk

leighigh

Can more then one macro be executed when starting a display or shuting down a display?
If yes what is the proper syntax.

The simplest method (assuming FTView Standalone or SE, not ME) is to make another macro that simply calls the subsidiary macros you want one at a time, and put the new 'master' macro in the startup/shutdown command box on the dialog for the display (Right click display, "Display Settings | Behavior"

That may work for you, but sadly, FTView sometimes manages to completely unload a display before the macro chain terminates (depending on what you are doing), so I typically try to put all of my startup/shutdown code in VBA and handle it there.

If you go the VBA route, you want to use the Display related system calls "Display_AnimationStart()" and "Display_BeforeAnimationStop()".

A simple example would be for trend displays, this is a simple method of retaining settings to the trend between closing and opening the window again:

Code:
Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()
    Trend.LoadTemplate "LastView"
End Sub

Private Sub Display_BeforeAnimationStop()
    Trend.SaveTemplate "LastView"
End Sub