Murphy Switch

Terry ...

I would say in another universe.

I would also say that there's a time and a place. Maybe this is not always the place.

I'm guessing that some may have too much time on their hands and little real world situations to deal with. I have a small company (my own with employees and responsibilites) to run and projects to address.

I know that you're considered a guru among the regulars of this forum and for the most part I've found your posting informative. Just refrain from getting pedantic in your replies.

And, yeah, when I'm in a crunch I have less of a humorous side.

... rab

Now theres a word I don't often come across!

SYLLABICATION: pe·dan·tic PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: p-dntk KEY ADJECTIVE: Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.

Then again I've never heard of a Murphy switch.

Murphy rules *****... 5's & 10's are wild.
Murphy bed.... retreats into a wall.
Murphy's law... gets me all of the time.
:)

rab said...

"...the term "Murphy Switch". What is this?"

"I've been seeing the term "Murphy Switch" used in a generic manner. I did go to the Murphy Switch website hoping that they would explain the generalized use of their name but uh-uh."

"I didn't need to know the product line of "Murphy Switch" (that I could find on their website) but how others may use the term."

As in...
  • I don't know what it means...
  • I don't want to accept what the company says it means...
  • What do you think it means?
Does that leave it kinda wide-open, or what?

rab said...
I would also say that there's a time and a place. Maybe this is not always the place.

Sorry... I didn't notice that the "Laugh Light" was off.

rab said...
I'm guessing that some may have too much time on their hands and little real world situations to deal with. I have a small company (my own with employees and responsibilites) to run and projects to address.

Yeah... Like "Nobody Knows the Troubles I've Seen..."

rab said...
I know that you're considered a guru among the regulars of this forum and for the most part I've found your posting informative. Just refrain from getting pedantic in your replies.

uhhhh... first you tell me this might not be a place to loosen up and have some fun... then you tell me not to be formal or serious... or... maybe you're telling me to not be educated? hmmm... you're gonna be a hard guy to please...

Nahhh... forget that... I'll be as pedantic as I want. You're just gonna have to deal with it... or not.

rab said...

"Ooooo... Pucker-Up! Time to get serious! ...rab is on-site, and he's in a crunch!"

It just doesn't work that way, rab. An emergency or serious situation on your part does not in any way force an emergency or serious situation on my (our) part - unless I (we) choose to make it so.

Turn the situation around and think about it. And while you're at it, take an Ex-Lax and loosen up just a little bit... jeeezzz.

Terry Woods said:
An emergency or serious situation on your part does not in any way force an emergency or serious situation on my (our) part - unless I (we) choose to make it so.
jeeezzz.

Amen.

RBergmann said:

... rab
If you can't laugh... why live?

And I am dead serious about that.

Last edited:
I check my spelling before posting. This was valid from my source. May be more than one spelling. I can say that I know the difference between your, you're as well as there, their and they're.

BTW ... this'll be my last post on this thread.

... rab

Oops! Eric, you are correct for the English spellng of "puerile". My spelling check validated the French spelling. Same definition, but I am an American, so once again I have been humbled by my betters.

... rab

rab...

Please... Blow this all off !

Playing these games might be worth the entertainment value... to some of us. We too have professional stresses and personal loads to bear.

However, it sure ain't (how's that for un-pedantic"?) worth it, for anyone, to take them (the games) in any other spirit than that in which they were given.

So, Please... Blow it off.

Since we're on the subject of spelling....

RBergmann said:
Oops! Eric, you are correct for the English spellng of "puerile". My spelling check validated the French spelling. Same definition, but I am an American, so once again I have been humbled by my betters.

Spell checker missed that one?

I couldn't resist.