Murr IOL block breaks Studio 5000

PLCs_are_fun

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here...

Studio 5000 v33.11

We have a Murr IOL master block (#55144) configured as an EtherNet node on a CompactLogix. The EDS file was used to define the device.

When I try to interact with the device in the controller organizer (e.g., open the properties dialog, delete the device, etc.) Studio instantly crashes. No error message, everything just simply closes.

I would like to just delete the device, download the project without it, and try adding it again. But I can't even figure out how to get that far!

Any help greatly appreciated

When I try to interact with the device in the controller organizer (e.g., open the properties dialog, delete the device, etc.) Studio instantly crashes. No error message, everything just simply closes.
Just online, or offline as well?

Especially if it happens offline, I'd try exporting as .L5K and re-importing as a new .ACD -- that's known to fix some issues with corrupted attributes.

Especially if it happens offline, I'd try exporting as .L5K and re-importing as a new .ACD -- that's known to fix some issues with corrupted attributes.
Both online and offline.

I will try this and see if it gets me anywhere - thanks very much

I've had Studio 5000 crashes on just opening a ladder.
Normally I get a 'access violation' error.
V32 and V33 seem to give me the most issues.

V34 has been better but not amazing. But less likely to see those fatal crashes of Studio.

When dealing with MURR, I tend to create a Generic Ethernet Module rather than using the EDS but to each his own.

Did finally try this ... crashes while importing project

-____-

While I just changed jobs, this was happening to me at my old company anytime I opened anything IO Link related in Studio5000. Anywhere from versions 32 - 34. I never did get to the bottom of it.

I finally bit the bullet and went thru Rockwell...

The solution for my issue (technote BF28922) was to replace the file TagDetailsServer.dll

at: C > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Rockwell > Tag Generator

with a newer version (v1.0.51.0). The technote reads like Rockwell doesn't really understand why the bug occurs, but a fix is a fix I guess