MVI56E-MNET Logix 5000 and Nanodacs

Hey all. Im having issues getting a prosoft MVI56E-MNET to talk to some nanodacs (eurotherm). I think ive configured the MVI56E-MNET properly, but id like to post the file to see what others think.

Here is the file. I hope its readable on this forum.

# EtherNet Configuration

my_ip : 10.230.167.65
netmask : 255.255.255.0
gateway : 0.0.0.0

# Module Configuration

[Module]
Module Type : MVI56E-MNET
Module Name : MVI56E-MNET

Error/Status Pointer : 4500
Read Register Start : 1000
Read Register Count : 600
Write Register Start : 0
Write Register Count : 600
Failure Flag Count : 0
Initialize Output Data : No
Pass-Through Mode : 0
Duplex/Speed Code : Auto-negotiate

[MNet Client 0]
Error/Status Pointer : -1
Command Error Pointer : -1
Minimum Command Delay : 10
Response Timeout : 1000
Retry Count : 3
Float Flag : No
Float Start : 0
Float Offset : 0
ARP Timeout : 5
Command Error Delay : 250

[MNet Client 0 Commands]
START

Im going to just list 1 here, and it wont paste in this width.

#1, Enable Yes, Internal Address 0, Poll Interval 0, Reg Count 15, Swap Code NO Change, Node IP 10.230.167.59, Serv Port 502, Slave Address 1, Modbus Function FC 3, MB Address in device 256

There are actually 4 commands, repeated to the 4 nanodacs (16 total)
END

[MNet Servers]
Float Flag : No
Float Start : 7000
Float Offset : 1000
Output Offset : 0
Bit Input Offset : 0
Holding Register Offset : 0
Word Input Offset : 0
Connection Timeout : 600

[STATIC ARP TABLE]
START
END

[Module Comment]
# Put Comment Here

Thanks

Matt

The thing that sticks out is that the Internal Address for your command is 0.

The MVI modules have a 5000 word internal database and they divide it into areas for Read Data, Write Data, and Status Data.

With the settings you have:

Error/Status Pointer : 4500
Read Register Start : 1000
Read Register Count : 600
Write Register Start : 0
Write Register Count : 600

The PLC code is going to take the DataWrite[x] array tag and put it into the module database starting at 0, and take the module database starting at 1000 and put it into the DataRead[x] array tag.

If your Client Commands are placing their data into the module database at 0, it's probably being overwritten by the WriteData[x].

Either reconfigure the Read Register Start to 0, or change the Internal Address values to start at 1000.

With the Minimum Command Delay set for 10 milliseconds and the Poll Interval set for 0, the MVI module is going to poll these devices extremely fast. I'd recommend setting the Minimum Command Delay for 100, and set the Poll Interval to 1 or 2 seconds.

The MVI56E provides some nice diagnostics, but I haven't worked with one for over a year so I don't know how they look off the top of my head.

Hi Ken.
It seems, its always you that helps me. I have to say, your work here is just beyond words. Id like to thank you for all you do on this forum.

Ok, ill give that a shot. Thanks.

I sure wish these Nanodacs where available in Ethernet/IP. Its a pain when you have to mix protocols on a machine. Such is customer specs tho.