My apologies to Mitsubishi

BryanG

I am always happy to admit when I am wrong. In another thread I once called Mitsubishi 'ripoffsubishi' because of the prices they charge in the UK. Well they have just done me a good deal on the E1071 HMI and I am happy to re-name them 'oksubishi'. Not 'brilliantsubishi' because if I hadn't done my research on HMI prices I would still be at the ripoff price. But the price now pretty much matches what they/you pay in the States and the job becomes economic to make and sell.

Bryan

How noble of you ;-) Why are the prices so much higher in Europe than the states? Is that consistant among brands/vendors?

BryanG said:
I am always happy to admit when I am wrong. In another thread I once called Mitsubishi 'ripoffsubishi' because of the prices they charge in the UK. Well they have just done me a good deal on the E1071 HMI and I am happy to re-name them 'oksubishi'. Not 'brilliantsubishi' because if I hadn't done my research on HMI prices I would still be at the ripoff price. But the price now pretty much matches what they/you pay in the States and the job becomes economic to make and sell.

Bryan

Prices for example on the FX2N are 50% cheaper compared to here in the east...

Oh for sure there has always been price fixing for Mitsu in UK.

The clue is when every vendor quotes exactly the same price for everything. Not to mention RS and Farnell are the same price too and they are always more expensive.