Nais plc

Have a look at Citect and when you install it install the driver for the PLC. Then driver help will tell all.

Hello,

For PeakHMI the addressing format. (I posted this because the DDDH format is rare.)

Address examples
X0, X1F
Y0, Y4A
R0, R105, R4A
DT4, DT56

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Hi guys,
i have installed National FP driver (cant find a panasonic driver but i think Nais used to be National) but when i create tags with the addressing Mark has posted i get "bad IO device variable" i have tried the IEC addressing FPwin Pro uses eg%QX0.0 for X0 but still same error. I am attempting to interface a Panasonic NAIS FP0 C14RS. Any futher suggestions would be appreciated. Ta

Hi,

I went and looked at our demo project for the Panasonic and the ladder printout. Only three register types are used. The three are the same as stated above.

I could not attach the xps file so here is a partial screen capture.

Untitled.jpg

Yes i have checked the driver help and it did help with the addressing (no compile errors now), but now im at the stage where im not sure if i can use citect to communicate with the plc via the standard programming cable ( i cant find a serial options board on the net for FP0 ) and if i need to communicate Mewtocol or mewtocom. im getting "Cannot find serial drivers" at run even though i have installed a mewtocol driver onto the pc.

Has anyone used citect to control a NAIS FP0 plc before and if so whats the I/O addressing in citect
IMHO, it is never a good idea to 'control' a PLC with an HMI of any type. The PLC is best left to all control and the HMI used as a 'window' into the PLC for human interaction into the process.
A well designed system should be able to operate even when the HMI is turned off or 'accidentally' smashed by an operator.

(n)