Need a autocad electrical drawing made.

And so that we here in the states don't make a error, defense is spelled with a c by Europeans...
For a minute you had me worried there! Fortunately, despite the late hour here, the "c" is correct, since I'm British! I've suffered from the "two nations divided by a common language" syndrome more than a few times!

JohnW said:
I even had a Sinclair ZX81.

I still have a number of "Timex" Sinclairs.. There used to be a company named "Byte Back" that made I/O boards for these (8 TTL in & 8 relay out). In my very early automation days (during collage) I did quite a few small automation projects with them. Mostek made a Zero powered ram with a built in lithum battery, so once the program was compleated I bent the reset pin of the memory chip out and they would powerup and run. As far as I know a few of them are still doing their job after 20 years or so..

I also had a TS zx81. Ik Ram with a 1KRam expansion if I remember correctly. I had it for two weeks and took it back and bought a C64. Entered computer Nirvana and never looked back.

I hacked my C64 to add a reset button. It was my first CAD system with a graphics package that you modified on the pixel level. I also had the GUI that came out for it but rarely used it since it took as long to get it going as it did to just launch the program I wanted to run.

I still have my C64 buried in a box in my basement. I also have the tape and disk drive. I used it until I got my first IBM clone back in '93.

Ah, memories.....I may have to crack it out and play some Archon or M.U.L.E.

Bob

Last edited:
testsubject said:
LOL!! <hmmm....maybe I should laugh too loud. He does only live less than an hour away...)

You young whipper snapper.

I'll have you know, if you stand still, I can kick the ball cap off you head, but, if I fall down, it will take 2-3 people to pick me up.

I got my drivers license when you were going into first grade sonny.

And I CAN tell everyone where your beer refrigerator is, and what brand of dog biscuits your puppy likes.

BTW, AmishCAD is not so 1905, everyone knows it came out in 1911.

take care Bob...

Eric Nelson said:
Did it happen to be the 'world's smallest' with a 'price to match' like the one advertised in THIS video?... ;)

🍻

-Eric

Eric,

That is just great! Where do you find these things? I got a good laugh out of it.

If I remember correctly, the C64 with 1571 disk drive cost me just over $500.

Bob

testsubject said:
If I remember correctly, the C64 with 1571 disk drive cost me just over $500.

Ok get this..My 1st IBM type PC was a PCs Limited (now Dell) 386. The system with HD, FD, Monotor, & keyboard was someting like $5,000.00. (DOS only) I still have this thing on a shelf and REFUSE to trash can it, because I still cant get over how much it cost. 18 years ago $5,000.00 was like the downstroke on a new house or the cost of an econo-car. My 84' Low Glide turned out to be a much better investment then the PC. I paid $7,000.00 for that and have recently turned down offers of $10.000.00+...

Sometimes it pays more to recreate then it does to work...

elevmike said:
Ok get this..My 1st IBM type PC was a PCs Limited (now Dell) 386. The system with HD, FD, Monotor, & keyboard was someting like $5,000.00. (DOS only) I still have this thing on a shelf and REFUSE to trash can it, because I still cant get over how much it cost. 18 years ago $5,000.00 was like the downstroke on a new house or the cost of an econo-car. My 84' Low Glide turned out to be a much better investment then the PC. I paid $7,000.00 for that and have recently turned down offers of $10.000.00+...

Sometimes it pays more to recreate then it does to work...

It is funny though. Electronic gear has really dropped in price but if you tried to buy a comparable car it will easily cost you $20K+. What ever became of "economies of scale?"