Need a autocad electrical drawing made.

Considering the fact that I spent many years living in motorhomes and travel trailers, still have a 34 foot park modela and 32 foot AirStream, I dont see a problem with it. All the job offers I get are in other states so I keep my trailers in case I decide one of the offers is too good to turn down, there is also the consideration that I may take on temp work that is too far to commute.

When I went to Nashville in 99 I stayed at a campground that had many people that owned homes but their jobs required too long a commute. There was an older couple next door, the man had retired but she had a good job in Nashville but lived just north of Chatanooga, so they stayed in a Motorhome during the week and went home on weekends. Strange part is the Chatanooga company he retired from made him an offer to come back to work, they gave him new truck, paid for gas etc and more money so he went back to work.

Another guy was a bail bond agent(bounty hunter) that was secretive about where he actually lived.
Another guy lived in Waynesboro but his work was a mile or so from the campground.
Another neighbor put in windows in high rise buildings.
Always construction types, especially welders.
A cartoonist that worked as a waiter.
Traveling evangelist
Songwriter.

Campgrounds can be an interesting place to stay/live, you meet a wide variety of people from all walks of life.

Rube said:
Maybe MBF needs some spectacles? She might be asking what that red and blue blur is below her name, which is actually the Flag.

(I hope she's joking--I am)

It is below the flag.

Red dot is about an 1/8" dia over a 1/4" blue dot.

m
b
f

Last edited:
mbf,

On my screen, neither you nor pdavis has a blue dot below the flag. It must be some setting on your computer.

Lancie1 said:
mbf,

On my screen, neither you nor pdavis has a blue dot below the flag. It must be some setting on your computer.

Turns out it was a control panel setting, I changed it and now I have an "online" in it's place.

Thanks
m
b
f

"And why is there a red and blue dot below my name?"

This is because you have opted for "Lurking Mode" on your user setup at PLCNET. In this mode, you are NOT shown as being on-line when you visit PLCNET.

I'll look for the real name and edit this post after I have posted.

Update...
User Control Panel => Edit Options, the first item in the option list is "Invisible Mode". You have this checked ON. If you don't want to "lurk" invisibly, then go to User Control Panel => Edit Options and unCheck "Invisible Mode".

If you do so then we all will know when you are on-board... up to you.

Last edited:
kc9ih said:
I miss my circular slide rule. It was great for figuring out electrical and electronic formulas that I haven't had a need to use to last 35 years (since school).

Amish CAD, however.....

I still have my linear slide rule that I got when I was 14. About the only thing that I can remember how to do is simple multiplication.

Amish CAD is so 1905...lol

Slide Rules

Bob,

Here's a link to some instructions on using your slide rule. http://www.hpmuseum.org/sliderul.htm

I still have my slide rule also...but cant see it anymore without my K-mart Glasses..

Interesting fact: At the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio; they have the last surviving copy of the XB-70 (huge supersonic bomber). Underneath the wing they have a display of the engineering tools used in the development of this amazing aircraft. The display includes a drafting table, square, templets etc.. and a SLIDERULE..

not a calculator or computer in sight...

I bought an electronic calculator about 30 years ago, I don't remember what happened to my slide rule. But then I always have been a gadget freak, I even had a Sinclair ZX81.

Anybody got a fuel-cell powered laptop yet?

I will agree that there are far to many people who rely on a PC and a calculator , they can't do simple maths by hand or spell (the buggers can't spell with a PC either)

While I also think you tend to promote your point of view a bit too vociferously, I don't particularly feel inclined to get involved in this argument. However, if you are going to make statements like that quoted above, it is only intelligent self-defence to make sure your own spelling is impeccable before posting. I seem to remember that you stated in another thread, that English was not your mother tongue (I may be mistaken there), if so your English is actually exceptionally good, however, this is not immediately apparent to the casual reader of any individual post/thread.

RMA said:
While I also think you tend to promote your point of view a bit too vociferously, I don't particularly feel inclined to get involved in this argument. However, if you are going to make statements like that quoted above, it is only intelligent self-defence to make sure your own spelling is impeccable before posting. I seem to remember that you stated in another thread, that English was not your mother tongue (I may be mistaken there), if so your English is actually exceptionally good, however, this is not immediately apparent to the casual reader of any individual post/thread.

And so that we here in the states don't make a error, defense is spelled with a c by Europeans...