Need an inexpensive PLC and software for personal use

The things Click with Ethernet or Click Plus does better than Micrologix 1400:
1) All comments stored on the PLC
2) MSG instructions can be edited live (Send and Receive instructions)
3) PID instruction is better, although I think you are limited to fewer of them. The scaling is superior and the Click Software has an Auto-tune that worked great the one time I used it so far.

If I may:

4) The high speed counter is way easier to configure
5) Can be added to the I/O tree of a Compact/ControlLogix
6) The program logic is stored in flash so a battery failure won't cause the program to be lost. However, the data will be lost so you'll have to write a routine to detect the battery failure and write in at least some default values for everything. Still an improvement :confused:

The bad thing about RSLogix is that the 1000's and 1100's are no longer manufactured.... now if they would open the 1400 up and let the free software program the 1400's :rolleyes:

Agreed, since the 1400 is the only one available now. I did score a decent used 1100 recently so I can play with it on a computer with the free version. I like the Micrologix series