Need assistance in Phoenix with TIA Portal

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer in Phoenix where we are starting up equipment.
I will be out of town and cannot be there.

The job has Siemens HMI, Siemens VFDs and Step 7 PLC.
Need experience in all 3 and PID.

Job starts 2 week of January and will be 3 days to 1 week.

PM me..

I don't want to scare you with the PID statement....you only need to understand how it works in logic. We will give you tune settings.

You will be troubleshooting the existing logic and adding some.
Including moving changes to HMI.

Last edited:
Hi Nathan,

You might want to specify the PLC series, VFD type and how you want to control the drive.

Good luck!

There are 6 systems to be checked out. The logic will be the same across all 6 systems. All 6 systems are on 1 PLC.
PLC is S7-1500 with a 1516-3PNDP CPU
HMI is TP1500 (95% done needs some additional signals added from PLC)
VFDs are G120/CU240E-2 PN
VFDs are only getting sent 2 speed settings for speed (Profibus comms). The VFDs are working at this time.

The "systems" are air heating units and use the PID for temperature control from ambient to 150 degrees and the fan (with VFD) recirculates the air.
Once PID and control is good on 1 system it just can be copied to the others.
Job time is really closer to 1 week in length.

Last edited: